BRAVE WOLF


Description: The picture that I have created, known as Brave Wolf, was created to look similar to that of a poster. The image depicts a wolf, howling bravely at the moon. Behind the wolf is a nordic sword facing downward. I was inspired by the image of a full moon, a wolf howling, and a sword and decided to amalgamate the three together; forming something similar to that of a crest. The picture has a lot of light shadings but some darker tones as well.

Analyze: The picture, Brave Wolf, references many principles of design. One of which would include rhythm or movement, I say this due to the fact that the picture follows right to left along with up to down. This can even be vise-versa if the viewer prefers to examine the picture differently. Another principle of design that I see within this drawing is variety. Even though their are no colors that are inhabited within the portrait, their are still many different subjects that are collided in the portrait. The portrait also has a sense of ghostly-glow towards it, almost as if the wolf is fading a way while the sword stays and the moon continues to float above the animal. This is an original work created by me that I based upon other pictures like the sword from The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, the wolf and the full moon.

Interpretation: The picture can have many symbolic meanings, but I believe the title takes the cake of which one the viewer will take into consideration. That specific meaning would be courage and bravery. How the wolf looks as if it accepts it's fate of becoming faded into the next life is illustrated as being somewhat courageous. Death is scary in many people's eyes and the wolf is shown as staying strong and calm in acceptance of its physical oblivion. Another meaning the animal could portray is honor, it may be hard to understand, but if you look deeply into the illustration you can almost feel that emotionally that the wolf and the sword show a sense of honor and the moon is the glow that shows that honor is something to respect.

Judgement: I love my creation, and it is one of my favorites. I favor this drawing so much and I feel so proud of myself for creating something that looks a little more realistic compared to my past creations. I love wolves, they are beautiful creatures. I find swords epic, they are cool in adventure stories. I love the moon, it has a awesome glow that gives all life sight within the darkness of night. And combining these three subjects, I feel very proud of it's total outcome. Overall, I adore this picture and plan on holding it somewhere special in my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts